If you are searching for an Assisted Living or Memory Care community for the first time, you might not be sure where to begin. The best option is to get out and tour and ask as many questions as possible. This process will help you understand what it’s like to live in each community and what the differences are.
Here’s a list to get you started. Feel free to print it out and take it with you!
- Will you pay for my move?
- Is there a community fee or buy in?
- Is the staff consistent in the area I live?
- Will I miss breakfast if I sleep in?
- Are there set times for meals?
- What happens if I don’t like what’s being served for lunch?
- If I want to go shopping, can someone take me?
- If I want to garden, can I do that?
- What happens if I need more assistance in the future? For example, if I need 2 people to help me move from my chair to my bed. Do I have to move?
- Is there a schedule for bathing?
- Can a family member stay over if they visit?