Walk-in interviews welcome. Apply in person Monday – Friday from 10 am – 4 pm.
The Homemaker is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Waterstone quality service standards.
- Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in resident’s suites, public areas and support areas as assigned while meeting or exceeding Waterstone quality standards
- Performing cleaning duties according to schedule in assigned areas such as resident suites, bathrooms, common areas and offices:
- Sweeps, dusts, dusts mops and wet mops all flooring; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs. carpets and runners
- Cleans, sanitizes and polished both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoo furniture, dusts desk and floor lamp, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls and windowsills
- Before entering, always knock on resident’s doors and respect their privacy during the cleaning process
- Before entering, always knock on public restroom doors and wait for a response before beginning the cleaning process
- Maintains equipment and supplies needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition
- Responsible for transporting supplies, to include clean and soiled lined, to the appropriate storage and collection areas
- Responsible for trash collection and removal and for maintaining trash receptacles and collection areas in a clean, sanitary manner
Reports to: Maintenance Director
CNA overnight postions.
CNA shifts: from 6 pm – 6 am, and 10 pm – 6 am.
- CNA certification preferred but not required
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e., grooming, dressing and undressing, toileting, shaving (with electric shaver), hair care, denture care, filing and cleaning nails, bathing)
- Responds to call lights
- Assists residents with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assists residents in transferring from bed to chair, wheelchair and commode
- Assists residents during mealtimes in the dining room and serve residents’ meals including tray service
- Routinely checks residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Performs housekeeping duties in resident apartments and common areas as assigned
- Requires every other weekend and holiday
- Enjoys serving seniors
- Excellent customer service and hospitality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
This position will ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. Provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the individualized service plan.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State certified 40hour medication aide course is required.
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful.