Seeking Full-time LPN at The Piper, LPN must have at least (but not limited to) a minimum of 1 year experience in geriatrics. Organization and attention to detail a must. Current CPR certification required.
- Experience with Elderly in Related Field.
- Operate Small Office Equipment.
- Operate first aide equipment, minor health related items i.e. B.P cuff.
- Physical/mental assessment skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Training skills.
- Understanding of all regulations.
- Administer Medications and Treatments
- Prepare, administer, and document medications following accepted practices
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
- Consult with appropriate MD or FNP
- Supervise resident assistants on shift
- Respond to resident and family concerns appropriately
- Obtain report from nurse he or she is relieving
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty
- Make daily and frequent resident rounds to ensure resident is physically and emotionally safe and secure and implement any required nursing interventions
- Report to the Director of Health and Wellness
- Knowledgeable in nursing procedures and assessments related to nurse practice licensure
- Participate in In-service Training monthly and as needed
- Promote the well-being and functional independence of each client by encouraging involvement in community activities programming. Coordination of resident assistants on all shifts
- Chain of Command: reports to Director of Health and Wellness.
Temperament / Aptitude:
- Work independently
This position will ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. Provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the individualized service plan.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State certified 40hour medication aide course is required.
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful.
- CNA certification preferred but not required
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e., grooming, dressing and undressing, toileting, shaving (with electric shaver), hair care, denture care, filing and cleaning nails, bathing)
- Responds to call lights
- Assists residents with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assists residents in transferring from bed to chair, wheelchair and commode
- Assists residents during mealtimes in the dining room and serve residents’ meals including tray service
- Routinely checks residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Performs housekeeping duties in resident apartments and common areas as assigned
- Requires every other weekend and holiday
- Enjoys serving seniors
- Excellent customer service and hospitality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
Full-Time Maintenance Technician
The maintenance team member is responsible for performing maintenance and housekeeping duties in the community and around the community grounds as assigned. Responsible for assisting with maintaining a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the residents, guests, and team members.
Experience and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- On year maintenance and/or housekeeping experience preferred
- Technical school education preferred
- Demonstrates general understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and code compliance
- Possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, and life and safety regulations
- Ability to respond to emergency calls outside of normal working hours
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision; following all community procedures and guidelines and having the ability to follow-through on assigned tasks
Reports to: Maintenance Director
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Waterstone quality service standards.
Experience and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High school diploma/GED accepted and maybe required per state regulations
- Able to provide housekeeping and laundry services in a resident centered environment, which meet or exceed The Piper’s quality standards
- Desire to work with seniors
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and guidelines and having the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions as applicable
- Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in resident’s suites, public areas and support areas as assigned while meeting or exceeding Waterstone quality standards
- Performing cleaning duties according to schedule in assigned areas such as resident suites, bathrooms, common areas and offices
- Sweeps, dusts, dusts mops and wet mops all flooring; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs. carpets and runners
- Cleans, sanitizes and polished both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoo furniture, dusts desk and floor lamp, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls and windowsills
- Before entering, always knock on resident’s doors and respect their privacy during the cleaning process
- Before entering, always knock on public restroom doors and wait for a response before beginning the cleaning process
- Maintains equipment and supplies needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition
- Responsible for transporting supplies, to include clean and soiled lined, to the appropriate storage and collection areas
- Responsible for trash collection and removal and for maintaining trash receptacles and collection areas in a clean, sanitary manner